Monday, November 18

Now the hard part begins...

Some of you already now, but one of my siblings recently passed away, unexpectedly.

And, in my head, I know that. But it's the heart that has a hard time processing it.

We've been so busy informing family and friends, planning the church service, and getting the gathering afterwards together that's I've been numb.

But, pretty soon, the company will go home. The phone calls and condolence cards will stop coming. Things will get 'back to normal'.

Except my sibling won't be here.

And that's something my heart will have to accept. We never really had a great relationship because we were so different. But it's been good for the last few years.

We were last together 2 days prior to the death. And it was nice.

That'll help...but now the hard part begins.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I know exactly what you mean. When it first happens, you don't have time to think, so much has to be done. It's when it gets quiet that you have time to reflect on your loss. It's hard.

    Pleasing know I'm thinking about you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the numb part. But for me, the numb ness kind of never goes away. I don't know why. I think some part of my soul knows they're in a better place, and that I will soon be there myself. Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes to help get you through the hard parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking about you. Hope you and your family can cling to the closeness of this last week, and carry that spirit, and you siblings spirit, through what will be a rough stretch of holidays.

    Don't think you are forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about all of this. I've been following on Facebook, but just haven't known what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what i'd if my sister passed away unexpectedly. I do try to let her know how much she means to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of you and what you're going through all the time. This first year of firsts will be hard. The memories of happy things will be the thing. Smooches my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I'm so sorry to read you suffered a loss in your family. It's such a difficult thing to go through, and I can only reiterate what Deborah November said. Hope you're doing OK. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please Enter Me In Your End of the World Book Giveaway.
    It Would Be Great To Win One Of These Books From Your List.
    In Response To Your Question Of
    What book would you want to save
    from destruction if the end of days was upon us?
    I Would Save My Favorite Book
    Cyndi Lauper:A Memoir by Cyndi Lauper and Jancee Dunn.
    Thank You For Having This Giveaway!!!!!

    Reѵiew my wеb-site Ganga Cassette
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...