Thursday, September 25

As my grandpa used to say...

...it's Hell getting old.

Because of my injured arm (and my BIG thighs) it has been getting more and more difficult to transfer lately. So I have to re-think my bathroom. 

Transferring from the tub edge to the toilet isn't too difficult (yet). But there's a 2-inch difference from the toilet seat to the w/c...and I'm just not that strong anymore. I am old(er)*, after all.

So, I'm thinking this (plus a 2-inch toilet riser)...


Fancy, hunh? But I deserve it because my guy says I'm a "delicate flower". Well, I say it and he doesn't disagree so it must be true, right? 

*I had a blast this summer entering a new decade, but now that I've settled in, it's not all ice cream and birthday cake.

Mmm...cake.

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you... it's hell getting old... but the alternative stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that cold vinyl heats up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fancy! You definitely deserve it. Sorry getting older is a little rough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom was just thinking about getting one of those walk in bath tubs you see on TV. But they cost over 10 thousand!!! For a bath tub with jets and a built in seat? I think your improvision will be much easier to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised that it costs that much. Companies can get away with jacking the price on medical equipment because they know we can't go without it.

      Delete
  5. You deserve this and lots more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This is a really well written
    article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your
    helpful information. Thank you for the post. I'll certainly return.

    Look at my web blog ... Ganga Cassette
    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your arts and crafts storage area as clean and organized as possible. Many craft projects rely on a lot of little pieces. These pieces are easy to lose as you shuffle through all of the items in your area. satta king
    satta bazar

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...