Friday, August 30

It's all in the way you say it...

I've been going to a LOT of Drs. lately, trying to figure out why I'm not feeling good, and I had a unique experience last week.

I think you all know how much I HATE being asked, "What's wrong with you?", right?

I saw a new Dr. and the woman who called me into the office said, "Oh no. What happened to you?"

And I broke into a smile. The key phrase here is "happened to". I LOVED THAT!

Asking "what's wrong" immediately puts me on the defensive. Asking "what happened" puts a whole different spin on it. I guess it's because it puts the 'blame' on someone/something else. lol!

Whatever it is, I wish everyone would ask "what happened?" Btw, I told her.

~~~~~

In other news, we're narrowing down the reason I'm feeling this way. It may ultimately result in surgery but that would be a last resort. Of course, I'll keep you posted...but I'm doing ok. : )

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing okay! Just asked how you were and then saw this. Glad you posted something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is funny how big a difference the way they phrase it matters. You aint the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good doctor! And still thinking about you out here and hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're still feeling ill and I hope they figure it out soon without you needing to go under the knife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pегson necessaгilу lend а hand tο
    maκe ѕегiously posts I might ѕtatе.
    That is thе fігst tіme I frequentеd your wеbsite ρаge anԁ thus far?
    I amazeԁ wіth thе analуsis уou madе to mаκe thіs partіculaг post extrаordinaгy.
    Fаntastіc jοb!

    Review my wеb-site
    Ganga Cassette

    Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...