I had surgery 2 months ago and just got news that I don't need a follow-up surgery! There WAS a chance but that's no longer an issue. Can I get a "Woo Hoo!"?
In other fascinating news, I just got my hair cut this week, after more than 2 months, and it feels SO much better. I was getting tired of looking like Bigfoot (without the body hair).
It's already February and most of my time has been taken up with Dr. appts. and the Olympics. Which brings me to why I'm writing.
People are stupid. Well, people who have their heads up their asses. I'm currently in the midst of two online arguments regarding the Olympics.
1) There was an online article that showcased the women in Pairs skating. The pictures showed each one, in the air, during a throw. Then the stupid comments began showing up. "What about the men?" and "The men are just as important."
I commented that it was an article about the women in Pairs and that it took nothing away from the men. Then I began getting 'hate comments'. They obviously didn't get the point of the article. I guess pointing out stupidity is taboo.
2) I like Ice Dancing but some people (mostly men, from what I read) don't consider it a sport.
One person said that it wasn't a sport because "they don't jump or throw". I pointed out that that's Pairs, not Ice DANCING. I also wrote, "God, you're stupid." lol! I haven't gotten a response yet but I'm sure s/he won't be thanking me for pointing that out.
Oh well... : D
And how are you all?
Oh my God, people just like getting their shorts in a twist over NOTHING all the time these days, I swear. I saw those pictures with the men photoshopped out on the news this morning. Anyone who thinks it's anti-male is missing the point. The point was to show how incredible they look flying through the air. Not seeing the dudes in the pics throwing them in the air just makes their mid-air poses look so unreal and superhero-like. That was it. No sexism. Just art. Anyone who is angry about it needs a sedative and a life. Just crazy!
ReplyDeleteFigure skating is the gymnastics of the winter Olympics. I understand it, but I don't get it. Not a hater, just not my thing.
ReplyDeleteBut who gets their undies in that much of a bunch over it to start an argument?
Humans...
People drive me nuts when they get all on their high horses about stupid things. Or when they disagree with your opinion, but have to act like you're stupid for thinking it in the first place.
ReplyDeleteUgh.
I'm glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete