“How can I clearly see what’s wrong with someone else, and then look at myself as though I’m standing in front of a fogged mirror?”
~ Jarod Kintz
There's are 2 things I absolutely cannot stand. People parking in handicap spaces and hypocrites. I'm going to talk about the latter.
There is:
"Rev." Jesse Jackson, who had an affair which resulted in a child.
Bill Clinton, who "did not have sexual relations with that woman".
Larry Craig, a married senator opposed to gay rights, who was arrested for an attempted same-sex hookup.
You get the idea.
The worst kind of hypocrite, imo, is the one who trashes other people without looking at themselves and/or the people close to them.
I recently heard someone bitching about someone else's faults while totally ignoring their own backyard, so to speak.
I wanted to confront this person but the timing wasn't right.
Someday.
*stepping gingerly off my soapbox
How do you feel about hypocrisy?
Hypocrisy is a bit hypocritical, don't ya think? LOL! It's always easier to point out the faults of others, than to admit your own.
ReplyDeleteHypocrit-o-potamus - The least insightful animal in the human zoo.
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't know, hypocrites can be a lot of fun (when you imagine them falling down the stairs!!)
ReplyDeletei hear you, but they still don't boil my blood like the folks you mentioned first!
ReplyDeleteI want to poke out their eyes with hot sticks.
ReplyDeletehehehe
Newt Gringrich springs to mind for me right now. Along with Rick Santorum and Rush Limbaugh. The trifecta of crap.
Oh! Have a better week next week! I know you will.
ReplyDeleteI know you only said it was long, not bad.
I hate hypocrisy. I also find myself frequently guilty of it. Which I hate more than when other people are being hypocrites.
ReplyDelete