I was pleasantly surprised, over the weekend, when my guy said, "There were a couple of times this week that I wish you were with me."
Then he called out of the blue (I pretty much know when to expect a call) and said, "I just wanted to talk to you."
Both instances made my heart happy because I know how hard it is for him to express his feelings.*
Knowing him for as long as I have, it's like someone else saying, "I love you and I miss you."
You know the saying 'actions speak louder than words'. Well, his actions have always shown me how much he cares. The words are a nice bonus. : )
*We're both that way, actually. lol! (it sucks having baggage from previous relationships).
Glad ya'll make each other happy.
ReplyDeleteI've always thought I was more for the "actions speak louder than words" type. However, it would be nice to hear words occasionally... even if it's just in the form of conversation.
ReplyDeleteHope the "Actions speak louder than words" leads to a little more "action" if you know what I mean. ;-P
ReplyDeleteThat's sweet. I like the way you two have your own sort of language. You know exactly what he means even if he doesn't exactly say it.
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwww. Actions do speak louder than words, sooooooooo true.
ReplyDeleteI always say, listen to what someone does, not what they say. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteBTW - I'm never sure why people hate baggage so much; it just means that you've been somewhere. We all have been somewhere.