I went to lunch with a friend recently and this question came up: "What impressed you/him the most about each other?"
For me, it was on the 1st date. We met at a restaurant then went to a park. As I got the w/c out of my car, my guy held the door open for me. It impressed the hell out of me because he didn't try to help.
You're probably thinking, "WTH?" But, as he later said, "I assumed you knew what you were doing. I would've just gotten in the way."
You can't imagine how often people (mostly old men) ask if they can help. I want to respond, "If I needed help, would I BE alone?" But I ignore my baser instincts and respond, "Thank you, but I've got it."
One guy actually tried to take the w/c, saying, "Pop your trunk." I replied, "And what am I supposed to do when I get home?" He said, "Oh." Sometimes sarcasm is the only thing that works...and it's fun!
~~~~~
What impressed my guy the most, happened the 1st time he came to my house.
He was sitting on my bed (don't worry, nothing happened...that day) and I had to go to the restroom. If there's ONE place I want privacy, it's the restroom.
So I went in, pushed the w/c out of the room and closed the door. From where he sat, he had a side view of the bathroom door.
When I opened it, I grabbed the leg of the w/c with the crutch I use to transfer, and pulled it into the room.
He thought that was "very cool" and "inventive" as he put it. Probably because he was hoping it translated to the bedroom.
Which it did...eventually. ; )
You crazy nut!
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
ReplyDeleteI like to hear the 'beginnings' story. Nice!
ReplyDeleteYou two are so cute!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete