Wednesday, August 1

Chick-fil-A is A-okay...

Catchy title, isn't it? ; )

I have never been to a Chick-fil-A, nor do I have any desire to go to a Chick-fil-A. But when did it become 'not ok' to state your beliefs, religious or otherwise? Especially in the United States?

The only thing that proponents of same-sex marriage have done is made a hell of a lot of money for a company they are against, due to the company owner's personal beliefs.  

Good job! 

I don't believe that a person 'becomes gay'. I think it's in their genetic makeup, just like everyone else. I do believe that they have the right to live their lives without threat of violence, just like everyone else.

We all should be treated equally, despite our beliefs. Have the proponents ever heard of agreeing to disagree? I have my beliefs, and I don't begrudge anyone else their beliefs. 

I might not understand where they are coming from, but if they respect me, I will respect them. 

But why is it SO important that everyone HAS to agree with them? I don't get it. 

What's that saying? Oh yeah...live and let live.

6 comments:

  1. Good job, Chick!!! Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just a Chick-Fil-in-A-Chair.

    And Chick-fil-a is also closed on Sundays so that their employees can spend the day with their families. Say what you want, but they are walking the walk. They could make a ton more money if they were open on Sundays, but they choose to pass on the bucks.

    Funny how the left want to use government's power (denying business licenses) to bully and threaten a private business over their corporate philosophy. To my way of thinking, this is not the group of people I want to keep turning over more and more of my life to. Eventually, they are going to come after me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I volunteer here:

    mnunited.org

    Here is the problem, for me:

    On July 20, the Jim Henson Company announced that, in response, it was ending its relationship with Chick-fil-A, which had been distributing miniature muppets in its children’s meals. Chick-fil-A responded in turn by announcing that the day before, July 19, it had recalled the puppets because of “reports of children getting their fingers stuck in the holes of the puppets.” Umm . . . yeah

    and

    On July 19, the company posted a statement on its Facebook page that was doubtless intended to quell the uproar. “Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena,”

    Believe what you believe companies, but be prepared for the onslaught that will happen. Don't follow the Chick-fil-A model.

    And no fake FB profiles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I see it, people can believe what they want and I really don't care. However, when people plaster their personal beliefs all over their businesses things can get messy. Inspiration morphs into alienation pretty damn fast when personal beliefs are broadcast like that. In a business sense, it's probably wiser to keep your personal beliefs quiet, but if Chick Fil A is okay with offending some of their customers, then fine, that's their choice. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. We can disagree on the issues all we want. As long as we are respectful of each other. What bugs me is when I disagree with something and am automatically labeled as "hateful." Since when did disagreeing with something mean I hate it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I have to ask myself is, how would I feel if the owner of Chik-fil-A, or of any company, announced that they were against my right to marry because I am, say, over 50? Or if they were against your right to marry because you are, say, a chick in a chair?

    They have their rights to believe whatever they want to believe, and as long as they do not discriminate in their employment and work policies, they're not breaking any laws. But they're not making a dime off me, and that's my right.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...