Monday, July 16

Just call me Cleopatra...

I hosted a birthday party over the weekend but needed some extra hands. This is the conversation I had, on Facebook, with an old high school friend the day before the party:

He: Sweety, well, I'm there. I will help out the best I can, ok? See you tomorrow.

Me: Thank you, 'A'! Between you and 'F' offering, I might just start acting like Cleopatra and make you guys carry me around.

He: Haha! I'll carry you, sweety, anytime.

Me: Hon, there's a reason I only post head shots. You might want to, but...

He: Sweety, I said I would carry you anywhere. But the chair has to be rolled because papa can't do both.

Me: Wonderful! How about if I let you push the chair? I hate being pushed so you can consider it a GREAT honor! lol!

Fast forward to the party...

A few of us wanted to take a picture together, near where we were sitting. Suddenly, 'A' started pushing me and I thought, 'What the hell?..." when it suddenly dawned on me.

I had told him that he should be honored to push me.

I started laughing my ass off, turning a lovely shade of red, and 'A' lost it too. I'm sure the rest of the group was thinking, 'What the hell?...' themselves.

Everyone began taking my picture because they wanted something to bribe me with to preserve the moment.

I laughed so hard, I had tears running down my face. Thank goodness I don't cake (mmm...cake) on eyeliner and mascara.

I was, eventually, able to tell everyone else what was so funny. Although, it was probably a "you had to be there" kind of story.

The party was SO much fun that I might do it again next year. It has nothing to do with the gifts I got.

Really! ; )

4 comments:

  1. So... where are these pictures???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a few shots on FB and our girl has some good lookin' friends.

    It looked like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I dont like to be push around either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I thought this was going to a "Queen of de Nile" thing. Glad to hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...