Monday, October 15

I'm freaking out!...

About my mortality.

Last night, I was lying in bed and, as usual, couldn't sleep. I started thinking about my age, which is closer to 50 than 40, and I thought, "Yikes!"

I know I only have a few decades left (God willing!).

Then I got to thinking...

If I live another 30 years, I'll be close to 80. But if I count backwards 30 years, I was in my teens.

30 years is a LONG time.

I feel better now. : )

Do you ever think about your mortality?

7 comments:

  1. Now that I have a wife and daughter? Constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think as much about my mortality as I think about the mortality of those I love. They can live without me. I'm not sure I could live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over you were freaked out about this when you're such a young un! I am deep into my 50s and don't think about it. I must be a bit crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly bit the dust at age 32, so I try to keep in mind that every year I get since then is a big, fat, fabulous, ol' gift. Oh, and I plan to live to be a very, VERY old, eccentric, crazy chick, so I figure I'm not going to worry about mortality until I'm about 101. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time visiting/commenting on your blog. I think the older we get it is just natural to think about our mortality. I remember thinking in my 20s I was immortal, though we all know we aren't. Now in almost my mid 50s I do realize my days are numbered, though I just don't know how many of them are left.

    hope Wednesday is a good one for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, all the time. Every birthday since 22 has been painful!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...