Wednesday, October 10

November can't come fast enough...

Are you sick of all the election coverage yet? Well, be glad you don't live in my house.

Not only is the tv on political channels practically 24/7, but there even fights debates going on, what seems like 24/7.

That happens when you have one Democrat and one Republican in the house. Neither one is shy about expressing their feelings, either.

Recently, not 10 seconds after one of them said, "I'm not going to argue with you," guess what happened?

A half hour of screaming raised voices and anger. Another person in the house, who's usually right in the middle of the fray, yelled, "Knock it off!"

I was behind closed doors, trying to resist the urge to go out there and bang some heads together. I succeeded, but barely.

I'm an Independent so I don't have a dog in this fight. But even if I did, I know that the odds of changing someone's mind is practically nil. So why even bother?

Needless to  say, I can't wait til the election is over because I'm hoping the bitching stops. I'm not holding my breath, though, because someone has to lose and someone (here) won't be happy.


6 comments:

  1. I'll be glad when it's over, too! I hate politics/politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be SO HAPPY when it is all over too. Not only are there political crap taking over prime time, there is also baseball taking over my beloved TBS channel. That is my favorite channel. It shows constant reruns of Seinfield, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Friends, Big Bang Theory, Family Guy and American Dad. I can do without Family Guy and American Dad, but the rest of them, I NEED them to feel peaceful. And it has not been on for 5 days straight, because of baseball!!! Augh. There are so many other channels dedicated to baseball and other sports... why must they take over TBS?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say it, but the bitching will never be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *HATE* politics. But I hate people who try to shove their politics in everybody else's faces even more. Politics is personal and should be kept that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to break it to you, but once the election's over, it'll be time to start fighting about 2016. It never ends.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...