Friday, November 16

It felt better than being carded (because I was in a fully-lit room and not a dark bar)...

About a month ago, I altered my skin care routine because, let's face it, I'm getting old.


I don't wear makeup at home, but I like to 'dress up' my face when I'm out in public (I don't want to scare anyone, after all). I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just like the feeling of looking good.

Anywho, while getting my hair cut this week, I was talking about what I wanted to do to celebrate my 50th birthday (happening sooner rather than later).

The stylist working on someone next to me, asked, "You're almost 50? You look like you're in your 30s!"

My first thought was, "Are you okay?" Then I thought, "REALLY? My 30s??? Holy crap!"

I belatedly thanked her for the compliment, because I was still trying to wrap my mind around it.

This skin care thing really DOES work! Either that, or I do a damn good makeup job. ; )

Having good genes doesn't hurt either, but still!

4 comments:

  1. I think I might hate you, let me think on it. Yep, I hate you.

    My skin is a wreck. It goes with my hair, my fat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let us in on the secret! What are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the other end of the spectrum. I haven't been carded since I was about 25!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good genes. They should really start selling those.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...