Friday, November 2

Is there something in the air?...

Several people, including my guy, were in pissy moods today. But I let it roll off my back because I was having a good day. I try not to take my bad moods out on other people, so I hibernate til I'm over it.

Luckily, I told my guy YEARS ago that he'd better not take it out on me (teach 'em early, girls!). So, whenever he felt the urge, he told me that he'd "call me later".

I can't do that with family, though. But I wasn't the one on the receiving end of that pissiness, thank goodness.

I KNEW there was a reason I don't have kids. ; )

How do you deal with someone's pissy mood?

7 comments:

  1. The pissy moods are usually mine, so I tried to avoid anyone it might rub off on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ms. A; I'm the one with the pissy moods more than others. What is really hard is because of a change in lifestyle, hubby is now home more than not and I work at home so when I'm in a pissy mood I have no place to go where I can just "let it ride out". Takes a lot of self control on my part on days like that to keep my mouth shut.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tip toe around Kathy's moods, but don't get to voice how I feel. It isn't fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible. Someone else's mood can completely make me pissy. That isn't good. Because I usually leave a mark.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate and hugs and back rubs.

    And that works with Cora, too. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I noticed that you were having trouble with unfollowing and, like a stalker, followed you home. Pissy moods? I go out into the garden, pat a cat, say 'I don't want to be disturbed' and read a book. Sometimes, just sometimes, I cry - in the shower where if I get out with a red face it is expected.
    No email at the moment to hinder trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA! I just got back from a visit with my kiddo's therapist where we spent an hour talking about how I deal with people's pissy moods. Apparently, when I'm ticked off, I go quiet and hold it all in (and then write about it on the internet *ahem*) and that that is a bad, bad, BAD example to set for my child, who holds it all in too.

    I've just been given the license to explode and go ape sh!t crazy when provoked, people. You've all been warned! :-P

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...