Monday, December 3

Californians be crazy, yo!...

It's been raining here since last Wednesday night. A whopping .40 of an inch, so far, in my neck of the woods.

And drivers don't know what to do with themselves...

"The California Highway Patrol reported more than three times as many accidents (294) between 12:01 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Thursday than in the same time period a week ago (90), on Thanksgiving."

In other words, So. Cal. drivers suck. ; ) On Saturday, I heard sirens all day long and commented, "Someone must've hit something."

The good news is it's supposed to be 80 by Wednesday...and I don't have to be anywhere til then.

Shwew!

How are drivers in your neck of the woods when it comes to bad weather?

9 comments:

  1. The drivers around here are bad on a good day, but let it rain and it's worse. On the (very) rare occasion we get snow, they don't have a clue how to drive in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL; it is so true about Southern California drivers! We cannot drive in the rain for anything!! This is why I'm thankful I work at home!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrible. Terrible. In Seattle, where it rains all the time you would think people would learn. But nooo. Its horrible when it snows, people are so afraid to drive around here. But the worst part is, it doesnt seem like WA drivers know how to merge correctly!! In CA, people learn to merge quickly and efficiently, I think, but none of that up here in WA. That is even in perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we visited on the right week then! :-)

    As for the drivers here in Chicago--ugh--if you ask me, they drive like they are all either complete a$$holes or fleeing a zombie apocalypse no matter what the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cora's right, Chicago drivers can handle rain and any snow after the first one. And when the zombies apocalypse starts, I'm sure there will be at least 30% more pedestrians (zombie ones) being run over.

    But now they're installing those communist speed cameras in the city. What kind of "Survival of the Fittest" training is THAT?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to drive in that nastiness. It super sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Canadian, the problem here...everyone things they are immune to the snow and they don't slow down! I just want to scream at some people "SLOW DOWN YOU FOOLS" There that feels better:) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colorado is such a melting pot of different people from different places that it is a horrible mixture of driving skills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Around where I live, drivers aren't too bad. Except some go too slow in bad weather. That isn't safe either.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...