Wednesday, October 19

I hate October...

Exactly 2 years ago today, I took an ambulance ride to hell...I mean the hospital. Let's just say it'll be a cold day in hell before I go to THAT place again. Just because it's the closest hospital doesn't mean it's the BEST hospital. Live and learn.

Anywho, it's been a medically stressful 2 years. And the last 10 days didn't help. I had pain in my side and I thought, "Crap, not again!" thinking it was the same thing that put me in the hospital. But thankfully, I was wrong. Instead, I had 2 bacterial infections, which meant taking antibiotics.

The thing is, I have a horrible gag reflex (shut up) and the thought of taking pills scares the crap out of me. I was prescribed 2 different meds and was told I could crunch them into apple sauce, etc. Well, I hate apple sauce. So I chose pudding. It wasn't good. Then I remembered that I had:


Success! Well, I have to cut them in half, but still. And I only have 2 more pills to go. Yay!

My temp at it's highest was 104.5 (I thought the digital thermometer was broken) and, of course, I didn't feel like eating.

Mom: You have to eat.
Me: Why?
Mom: I don't know.

It's not like I'll starve. BELIEVE me.

And, yes, I'm feeling better. : )

11 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. I can't swallow large pills. If it doesn't come in a reasonable sized capsule, you'd better give me liquid or it ain't happenin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when we lived on the farm, dad had this long tube with a plunger for giving cows pills. If you want, I can run out to Farm and Fleet and see if I can find you one. (Not a product you want to buy used on eBay.)

    Glad to hear you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom was a person who had a hard time swallowing any but the smallest pill - she would actually chew an aspirin if she needed one - yuck. I have no trouble at all with pills - but there are other things that throw me. I am not sure you should blame a whole month for a couple of bouts of illness - but whet the heck, you might as well blame one thing as another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so so glad you are feeling better.

    It's weird about the swallowing pills thing. When I was a little girl I COULD NOT swallow pills. I would chew them. This inexplicably made my parents mad - what?? It was me chewing the pills; and, yuck, I might add.

    I'm fine now. Not sure how I got over it. Yes I'm grinning here a little bit cuz I may know how I got over it.

    Sidenote: I have to shove a quarter of a prozac down my cat's throat every other day. I have it down to a science!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are on the mend. I, too, have a significant gag reflect; yet I can take pills. Which is a good thing, too, since I'm on so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better! We give the dogs pills in cheese.

    Mmmmm, cheese...

    Where was I now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you've been feeling sick and I'm glad you're doing better. A temp of 104.5 is scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have nothing witty to say.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does that Pill Glide spray actually work? Wednesday has a REALLY hard time taking pills. If that stuff works, I might look into it.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...