Monday, October 24

'Tis the season...

...for scary movies. Which most, I think, are stupid.

The first scary movie I saw was It's Alive...I was 10 y.o. and it was baaaad (could be the reason I don't have kids, lol!). The next scary movie I saw was Jaws, a year later. I didn't turn my back to the deep end of our pool for at least a year.

I have seen several other scary movies since (Amityville Horror, Audrey Rose, Children of the Corn) only because the brothers had to drag me along with them. The one movie I willingly saw was Silence of the Lambs, which was pretty good. Psychological thrillers are more my style than 'slasher' movies, I guess.

I get that people enjoy the feeling of being scared in the safety of a theater or their own home but, let's be honest, if you were witness to a (insert gruesome scenario) you'd shit in your pants.

And don't tell me that you wouldn't...

11 comments:

  1. Not into blood, guts and gore. I'm more psychological, mystery and suspense, or anything paranormal and ghostly, as long as it's realistic. I don't care for "phony for effect" BS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a scary movie post this week. Because I don't like being scared, but I like scary movies. Isn't that weird? I'm a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely HATE scary movies so I never watch them. I have an overactive imagination and vivid dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to like scary movies, but somewhere along the way just kind of stopped going to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love scary movies! Problem is, I haven't watched anything that's scared me lately. I saw Paranormal Activity 2 over the weekend and it was just "meh". Yet the first one terrified me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELOVELOVE scary movies....... at least the ones that scare me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The Shining" scared the hell out of me. I love a good scary movie. My all time favorite is "Psycho."

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I've never been into scary movies. Real life can be scary enough. I prefer comedies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO!!! my first horror movie was the poltergeist (I just found out the name two years ago) and I was two years old

    needless to say, the movie scared me shitless and traumatized me for another three years (an undeserving understatement) and for osme reason I've kept coming back for more

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...