Monday, October 10

Officer Barbrady, is that you?...

While stopped at a red light one day last week, I suddenly saw a black sports car speed around a vehicle in the right lane and run the light.

Seconds later, as the light turned green, a cop car whizzed by us. I thought 'Good, the guy's gonna get caught'. But noooooo...the cop went on his merry way.

Apparently, he didn't see the 'red light runner'.


I hate when that happens...

Like the time I saw a vehicle, driven by an old man, head down the main drag southbound in the northbound lanes. He finally turned onto a side street and within 2 blocks I saw a cop coming north. Grr!

To be honest, I did once run a red light while looking for an address. Fortunately, it was after midnight and no one was on the road.

But I wouldn't have the balls (for one thing, I'm a girl) to run a red light on purpose.

It's pretty much a given, though, that they're not going to get caught. Sometimes life screws with you like that. I just hope I'm not in the crosswalk.

What kind of idiots have you seen on the road?

5 comments:

  1. I've totally done it a time or two myself. I was trying to find an address and not paying too close attention. So bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a city bus driver reading the newspaper in her lap as she was driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a great driver, it's the other idiots I worry about. Sometimes we sit at the intersection and count the cars turning in front of us, talking on the phone and not paying attention. That's very scary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once saw a guy driving down the interstate reading a novel propped up on the steering wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually saw a guy doing tricks on his motorcycle on the freeway. Not just wheelies either, he actually kept standing up on the seat of his moving bike and doing bizarre yoga poses on one foot while zipping through traffic at 65 MPH. I don't know who he was trying to impress, but I do know that the cars on either side of me all slowed WAY down at the same time I did to let that idiot get as far ahead of us as possible.

    No-one wanted to be near that accident-about-to-happen, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...