Friday, January 6

12 in 2012...

Karen at A Peek at Karen's World has a little thing going called Project 52.

She encourages her readers to set goals to accomplish - as many as 52 goals in 52 weeks. Or as many as you want to do in a year's time. No one is going to spank you (unless you want them to) if you don't get them done. The whole point is to try.

~~~~~~

When you're disabled, it's hard to set MAJOR goals. But I figure I can set 12 minor goals to accomplish in 12 months. Nothing earth-shattering. Just things I either LIKE to do or NEED to do.

Who knows, maybe this will motivate me to try twice as many goals next year.

*deep breath* Here we go!...

1. Plan and execute a party for 10+ people (not execute the party-goers. Although...).

2. Reorganize my drawers (not my underwear).

3. Go to at least one concert. (EW&F was a BLAST! And I need more blasts in my life).

4. Be in bed by 2 am for 2 weeks straight (this'll probably be the most difficult one).

5. Talk to the out-of-state sibs more often (which I pretty much only do when they call me).

6. Make my guy take me somewhere (we're both home-bodies 'aka' do-nothings).

7. Try a restaurant I've never been to (I'm leery of eating in unknown restaurants because of a health issue).

8. Finish reading the 2 photography books I bought eons ago (so I can use my camera in Manual mode).

9. Go to the used bookstore and start using the $$$ in credit I have coming to me (a reader's dream, right?)

10. Clean out my e-mail boxes (3 addys + 2-3 pages of messages = a crapload).

11. Call my guy. Period. (he's been hinting that the phone lines work both ways, lol!).

12. Move MORE. Pain sucks but so does weight gain (and I should know!).

Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll need it. Have I mentioned that I'm a procrastinator?

6 comments:

  1. 2 in the a.m. would be early? You really are a night owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can one of my goals be "to have someone spank me"? Just wondering!

    It's good to set goals - whether they are minor or not. Actually, if they are smaller, they are doable.

    I am joining Weight Watchers next week - I have GOT to get this extra weight off of me. So that is a BIG goal for me!

    Good luck on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a party for ten people, I probably would execute someone. The email inbox... don't even get me started! I can't imagine having 3, 1 is more than enough to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading through, catching up, cracking up. You are seriously entertaining.

    Happy New Year kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great goals and I know you will accomplish every single one of them.

    And seriously? Minor? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I snorted at 'reorganize my drawers'. You have such an AWESOME way with words! :-)

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...