Wednesday, January 11

It's like I'm back in high school...

On Saturday, I was...at least for a couple of hours.

I've already accomplished one of my goals. Woo Hoo! Three former classmates came over with their spouses and kidlets. And one of them made a comment that will live in infamy, poor girl. Something about beavers and lesbians (but you didn't hear that from me).

Okay, so I cheated since this was already in the works when I wrote that list, but I'm still counting it.

It was sooooo much fun that I'm planning another gathering soon(ish). This time I'm opening up the guest list hoping someone else opens their mouth and inserts their foot now that I know I can actually do it with minimal fuss.

I hadn't seen Ms. Foot-in-Mouth in 28 years (TWENTY-EIGHT years, people!) but we were talking away the minute she cleared the door. Actually, she was calling to me through her car window. I had to ask her to repeat herself once she was within range...and we never stopped talking.

Our two other classmates have been friends since around Kindergarten. Laurel and Hardy have nothing on these guys! We've gotten together several times and, once, I was seriously afraid that one of them would show up pantsless. Fortunately, he didn't follow through with the threat...it wouldn't have been pretty.

They all ended up staying for 7 hours and (probably) the only reason they left was because my guy finally arrived. I briefly disappeared to give him a proper "Hello" (wink, wink) and they left shortly thereafter, promising to get together soon.

I just found out yesterday that there'll be another gathering on Sunday. Sweet! More time to harass Ms. Foot-in-Mouth visit with everyone. : )

5 comments:

  1. Have mercy, high school is the last place I'd want to be! Glad your gathering went well... and had some memorable moments AND dialog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you've been reconnecting with your high school friends! I went to five high schools and flew under the radar in most of them, so I'm not sure I'll even be remembered at any reunions (plus the few friends I was close to back then, I still see all the time now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! The only time I talk to any of my former classmates is through Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still keep in touch with only a couple of very close friends from high school, but when we get together it is like we are transported back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so fantastic that you still get together with friends from school. I wish I did that more often while I was still in WA, now.... well.... now it's not as easy because I have to travel across the country to do it.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...