
In my 20's, my bestie would bring me yellow roses (my favorite) every Valentine's Day. But he went a step further when I was 30 - I guess he thought he'd better help me out since I was getting old, with no "prospects".
He introduced me to his roommate over the phone and we talked for weeks. But it never occurred to us to meet in person...til my bestie brought me that year's flowers. He also brought his roommate without telling me. And I, of course, looked like crap.
~~~
My first 'official' boyfriend was out-of-state on Valentine's Day so he sent me a card. Something about soulmates. I don't quite remember because he dumped me (via phone) 6 months later and I threw it away. It was a nice card though. : P
~~~
Another boyfriend wanted a picnic in the park. We're both in w/c's so we thought it would be easier to go to KFC first. But we didn't think about getting the food to the picnic table. I carried the bag while he put the drinks between his legs. By the time we got to the table, soda was all over his lap, the chicken fell out of the boxes and I had to start chasing after the napkins.
~~~
My last boyfriend (who saw me through a BIG surgery) brought his laptop to the hospital so I could check my e-mail. I was in there for 16 days and he was there nearly every night...and we had only been going out for 3 weeks when I was admitted.
~~~
My guy likes to surprise me and the most memorable time was while I was out-of-state at a wedding. At breakfast, the day after I arrived, he sent me a picture message with the text, "I'm under lock and key til you come home." You can imagine.
I burst out laughing and everyone wanted to know what was so funny. But there was NO way I could show them the picture. It did make me feel a whole lot better, knowing he'd be there when I got home.
What's the most romantic thing a guy/girl has ever done for you?
36 years ago, I got engaged to my hubby. (10 days later I married him)
ReplyDeleteAw, those are some sweet moments.
ReplyDeleteThe most romantic thing a guy ever did for me on Valentine's Day was honor my request not to celebrate it.
My first husband once sent a HUGE bouquet of red roses mixed with yellow daisies (my actual favorite flower). It was the most beautiful bouquet I have ever gotten.
ReplyDeleteAwwww. That hospital guy sounds like he was a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThe most romantic thing anyone has done for me is how much Scope honestly, truly loves my kid and accepts her as his own. My heart melts like ice cream in August every time I see him helping her with her homework, or I see her running over to hug him, or I hear them tell each other "I love you." It really can not possibly get any better than THAT. *le sigh* :-)
These are lovely stories! I don't have anything that competes with this.
ReplyDeleteI really need more romance in my life. Like, WTH?