And no, I'm not talking about myself. Although, I am short AND sweet. Right? Right?
Moving on.
I'm talking about what my guy did last night. I knew he had a busy day and, since he works nights, it was going to be a sleep-deprived day.
He always calls me before he goes into work and on his lunch break. I always expect to hear from him at those times, sometimes watching the clock so I can time my bathroom breaks.
(I don't take my phone into the bathroom anymore...but that's a whole 'nother story.)
Anywho, he called, saying, "I didn't have to work tonight. I'm just calling to let you know that I'm going to take a nap. I'll call you later and find out how your day was...how was it?"
I briefly told him about the 'highlight' (I had a crappy afternoon) and he said, "You can tell me all about it later. I'm exhausted. I just wanted to let you know I didn't forget." The call lasted about a minute.
He's very proud of the fact that, in the last 8 years, he's only missed calling me twice...because he fell asleep. lol!
This is one of those times when I feel justified in not calling him. I'm such a good girlfriend. ; )
He's such a sweetie. For real girl.
ReplyDeleteYou got the poor boy terrified of forgetting.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling a bit sorry for him.
What a sweetheart! You've got a keeper!
ReplyDeleteI started to get worried when I saw the post title was "Short but sweet" and that it was about "what your guy did last night."
ReplyDeleteGotta love a guy that remembers what he's supposed to! (except on those 2 rare occasions)
ReplyDeleteHe's a keeper!
ReplyDelete