Wednesday, July 13

"I understand"...

Well, bully for you.

I've had a frustrating time trying to get some medical equipment since mid-April. Every time I call (I have to follow up) it's always another excuse.

I finally got a call two weeks ago, saying it was in, but I hadn't heard anything since so I called on Monday. And I went on a slight rant about how long it was taking.

The whole time, the service rep kept saying, "I understand."

In other words...


I finally asked, "So why don't I have it yet?"

Apparently, no one can come out (it's not something I can pick up) til July 25th. Grr!

I feel sorry for the person who delivers it because I am not going to 'understand' why it took so damn long.

Have you ever wanted to seriously hurt a service rep?

8 comments:

  1. I have, several times. But in the end I know most of the folks on the phone have very little control over anything. Still doesnt make you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is that each person has their own little job in the process and doesn't really interact with the other people in the process, and once each rep has done their job (like attempting to calm you down on the phone) then they pass the customer off to the next person in the process and none of them ever see the big picture. In other words, nope, they don't care. Jerks.

    I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Making you wait until the 25th for something they have in stock is NOT right. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel. :) (Don't hurt me!)
    It's so frustrating when stuff like that happens. I get stuck in the middle of that sometimes being in the health care field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I really do understand. I have been on both sides of the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That exhibits extreem suction. How could someone just pass the buck like that? Hey, You are still a great person in my book. I hope your package arrives soon. And I hope your medical equipment arrives soon too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, yes, I have wanted to hurt a customer service rep. I was once charged for a BlackBerry TWICE on my bill (and I only had one phone), and though they acknowledged they made an error, it took 4 months to get the charge reversed, and in the meantime, they made me PAY IT because if not, they'd send my account to collections! Thanks for an awesome experience, Verizon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can make them cry. It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...