
Wow! Where do I start? Some amazing things happened this week. Several of them out of the clear blue...
1. Went to lunch with a small group of friends on Sunday. I had my annual birthday Long Island Iced Tea (with a side of Diet Pepsi because this place makes their drinks STRONG). I ended up telling a TMI story which hopefully my guy never gets wind of.
2. He stopped by the restaurant to pick up something from me. He also walked in with roses from his garden. Aww!
3. Having friends who went out of their way to get me a gift, even though I told them not to, was SO humbling.
4. Got LOTS of attention (via Facebook and phone) on my birthday. The highlight had to be 'Happy Birthday' sung to me in a heavy German accent.
5. Was treated to my favorite restaurant and I didn't have to move a muscle, except to chew. Take-out is SO much easier than eat-in when you're in a w/c.
6. Got some of the funniest cards EVER. Having friends who know you inside and out
7. I won a blog contest the day after my birthday and will be receiving Creep from Jennifer at The Serial Killer Files. So excited to read your first novel!
8. I was invited to lunch by an old school friend who missed Sunday's celebration because he was puddle-jumping his way home. I've known him since 3rd grade and, until 2 years ago, hadn't seen him in 30 years.
9. Got a phone call from someone who did a student film of my life when I was 5-6 years old. That's a LONG time ago, people! I have a copy of it on VHS (originally on Super 8...yes, I'm old).
10. Today, I'll be out shopping with other people's money. You know who you are. Thanks, guys!!! : )
And how could I forget?!...
11. I have a birthday buddy in a Blogger buddy!
And the Number "1" surprise of the week iiiissss......Drum roll please...
ReplyDeleteYou found someome that shares your birthday!
I'm so glad you've had such a great week. That makes me smile. :-D
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your shopping trip, my dear.
Sounds like you had a great week!
ReplyDeleteWow what a great week. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that things are looking up. Happy Birthday !! I hope you got EVERYTHING you wanted and then some.
ReplyDeleteYou really did have a whole birthday week!
ReplyDeleteYour birthday week sounded absolutely perfect.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that you reconnected with that old friend after 30 years.
So glad your day was as special as you are!! xxoo
ReplyDelete