Friday, December 23

Bah, humbug...


Since I became an adult, I haven't enjoyed "the holidays". Christmas music (gag), checkout lines (grr!) and cranky relatives (GRR!).

Although, this year, several familial peeps have other plans so it may not be too bad.

Still, I can't wait til January 2nd.

How about you?


8 comments:

  1. We're having our Christmas today actually and other than the kidlets coming over for Christmas breakfast, Pup and I are free free! We even considered getting away for the weekend, but now we're going to putz around with our (his) new toy and hit some movies.

    Do you like going to movies? Come with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas for what truley is. I hate what it has become and dont enjoy a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas season! I start listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, I don't mind my relatives and I enjoy shopping, even on the days leading up to Christmas!
    I'm freaky, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Maxine! You know I've been dreading the holidays and I'm so glad they are almost over. My joy comes on December 26th and I've almost survived it. Merry Christmas, or as merry as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting topic. I think Christmas is like any other day or season... It's what you make of it. I'm not one to do a lot of Christmas shopping, cooking, or decorating, but I enjoy the festivities and songs that come along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Christmas, always have. My daughter turns 17 on Dec 25 (an age she is looking forward to!), I have a great family and got all my shopping done early!
    Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I hate about the holidays is how everyone gets needy with my time. I mean, sure, it's nice people want us around and all, but we can't be EVERYWHERE at the same damn time!

    There was one Xmas Day when my daughter was three where we spent most of our day in the car driving from house to house because my divorced parents AND my ex-in-laws all hosted Xmas on the same day. I got yelled at at every house I went to because I couldn't stay the entire day! Poor little Wednesday had to open her gifts in a rush, them stuff them in my car without even getting to play with them, then--*whoosh!*--off we would drive to the next house on our list! It was awful.

    That is what I dread about the holidays; people having a tug-o-war over my time.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...