Monday, December 26

It's funny because it's true...

I have to say, this Christmas was one of the best in decades. Half the family had other plans so the noise level was low. Everyone who was there was in a good mood, which isn't always the case.

After sitting down for dinner, mom asked, "Who wants to say a prayer?" No one wanted to embarrass themselves (because we're the kind of people that likes to mock the rest of the family).

So mom said, "Let's go around the table and say what we're thankful for this year. So. Cal's gonna have to think hard. She's had a rough year" and I laughed. Not only because it was funny, but because it's true.

I've actually had a hard time of it since late 2009, with one health problem after another.

I was the last to speak, so I had time (as mom put it), "to come up with something". And what I came up with was, "I'm thankful for mom. She's been there for me through it all"...

The hospital, my recovery, my 3 months in bed, all the Dr. appts. trying to figure out a solution for the pain - it goes on and on.

The best present I ever got was having my mom as a parent.


What was your best/worst present this year?

11 comments:

  1. I asked Santa for a puppy and I didn't get one, dang it! (just kidding) You know me, I'm just glad it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet little girl. Your mom does rock it and sock it.

    smooches to her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yur showing your soft side ther girl.

    I was thankful for about as low of a drama free Christmas as you can ask for. Always a plus.

    Also My new Galaxy Tab is high on my thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom was my rock too, I miss her everyday darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best gift this year was employment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet! I'm thankful for my mom too!

    Come by and see what I got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you know, you don't have to be a superhero to wear a cape.

    Sometimes you just have to be fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best gift this year wasn't a Christmas gift, but a birthday gift to myself, back in February when I rescued my dog, Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom sounds like a great person. I got some really nice wood for Christmas. (Get your mind out of the gutter lol) Actually it is a box of different woods to use in my smoker. Hickory, cherry, alder, mesquite, apple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moms really are the best. When you're lucky enough to get a good one. Which I definitely have.

    I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and I hope 2012 brings you amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And what did your mom say when you said that? I bet you made her whole day!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...