Things were going great...until I decided to grab some goodies to take home. M encourages us to take food home since there's SO much left over.
She was standing beside me, holding the plate (that was already filled with yummy, gooey goodness) so I could put a cupcake on it. I brushed against the plate as I pulled my hand away and it started to tip.
Suddenly, the cupcake was flying through the air, over my chair (hey! that rhymed!) and landed, frosting first, on the floor.

Of course, us being us, we started laughing. I said, "That couldn't have gone any better if I'd planned it" and we lost it again.
Mostly because my clothes came out unscathed and it was funny.
After we calmed down, M dealt with the cupcake's untimely death, I picked another victim, and all was right with the world again.
Have you ever caused the death of a beloved food item?
I've killed a few food items in my time.
ReplyDeleteDid you hollar for everyone to freeze so you could photo it for the Blog??
Well, on a daily basis I have to say.
ReplyDeleteDAILY! lol
If I had a nickel for every cupcake I've knocked to floor.... I'd have a nickel.
ReplyDeleteIn my house nothing that lands on the floor stays there long because of the dogs, they're always RIGHT there!
I've done this with cake. And it was sad because it was the last piece.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had it happen lately, but have had it happen before. Isn't it ironic, how even toast manages to land with the butter and jelly down! You splatted that one good!
ReplyDeleteI once snatched the last piece of dessert off my sisters plate in my fist, and flushed it down the toilet.
ReplyDeleteDoes that count?
I once put a ham on the grill to "slow cook" while I left for an hour. Guess what? I somehow started to fast cook. Then the ham fat must have caught fire. When I returned it looked like a lump of coal.
ReplyDeleteWhew! I thought you were going to say it fell on you! I'm glad that wasn't the reality.
ReplyDelete