Monday, November 7

The best X-mas present...

...is the one you pick yourself.

I know it's too early to talk about Christmas but I saw something I've been wanting on sale today, and it got me thinking. Uhh ohh!

I've never written a letter to Santa, asking for a crapload of presents. We usually got a toy or two and clothes.

Now that we're adults, we get X-mas money. So I can buy whatever strikes my fancy (within reason, of course, we don't become millionaires).

This year, I'm looking for a 7-inch computer tablet, like this one:


And I thought you guys/gals could help me.

Do you own one or know someone who does? Please leave your suggestion(s) in the comments. I'll look at the reviews (because I'm anal like that), the price, etc. and we'll see what happens.

Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. My BFF recently bought the iPad and (she is NOT a Mac girl) LOVES it!

    She loves the bigger screen, all the apps, and that she'll be able to cart it around to keep in touch with her kids while not having to peer into a tiny screen ala a BlackBerry or Android or, for that matter, an iPhone.

    What were you thinking of using it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no hands-on with it, but the Kindle Fire sounds VERY INTERESTING with a great price point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter LOVES her iPad but they are 10 inches only.

    I think this months Consumer Reports rates them.

    I aint an Apple Fan so I was thinking Galaxy but even then I aint sure if I want a 10 or 7 inch. I travel alot so I want to be able to watch a movie or 2 on the plane with out whooping out my laptop.

    I know I know this didnt help a lick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has something like that but I can't remember the name of it. His isn't an ipad though. I'll get the name of it for you. His was under $400 and he's happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My granddaughter has something similar and LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to check. She has an iPad 2. Pretty amazing little machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an iPad 2 and it's pretty incredible. Very nifty. Cute and convenient.

    But i'm an old school gal so don't blame me when I say that tablets still don't own laptops (or even desktops) and probably won't for a while. Especially if you're looking for something to blog on. There're too many functions missing, especially in the iPad. You can't upload pictures or view some videos. But still....I love mine xD Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, no personal experience here. But I'm very curious which one you'll choose. Definitely update us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've played with tablets and they're awesome. I've been hearing great things about the brand new Nook Tablet, which is only $250. It's one of the best deals around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first thought was - "Is 7" enough for you?" I mean the screen size!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...