Friday, November 4

This ankle-biter ain't no rug-rat...

I like to read in the sun when the weather's nice. Since it was 74 degrees, yesterday was no exception.

But I didn't expect to get attacked by a HUGE grasshopper! I'd guess about 4 inches long.

That f*cker latched onto my sock-clad ankle and wouldn't let go! I kept swatting at it with my book but it just kept circling my leg like an ugly merry-go-round horse!

And since I sit for a living, it was WAY too close for comfort. I was hoping that it would fall off my leg, and not climb UP!

After what seemed like f-o-r-e-v-e-r (but was probably only a minute or so), it fell underneath my chair. I moved my ass so fast that I broke my sunglasses (which were repairable, thank goodness).

For the rest of the time I was outside, I kept my eyes on that damn bug. I was hoping it would find it's way into the pool and drown, but no such luck.

Grr!

9 comments:

  1. Ewwwww! I don't mind the things, as long as they keep their distance. I DON'T WANT ONE ON ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the grasshopper was longer than Justin Bieber's ----? I don't want to go there. Those big grasshoppers make great bass fishing bait. You shoulda grabbed him by the ears, stuck him into an envelope and sent him Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a grasshopper. You was reading. That means you had a weapon. Smash it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you have some kind of stick with you at all times? If I were you, I'd start carrying a stick.

    Because he was just the scout. Rest of the posse is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaaah little grasshopper . . .

    ooops! not you, but IT!

    They do kinda creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. F*ucker the Grasshopper...you have to admit, there is a fun ring to that. I think you should have made it a family pet based on his name alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least it wasn't a spider. Or a scorpion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NASTY. Bugs should know by now to just mind their own business!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...