Friday, November 25

People, people who need people...

My guy isn't a people person...and it's kind of nice. My last boyfriend is...and it was kind of annoying.

He once left me sitting in a car, during an outing, while he talked to a stranger with a camera. Can you say "pissed off"? 

But back to my guy. He came over for some turkey and fixin's yesterday, which was a first. We had less than a handful (when it's usually all fingers and toes and then some) so he joined us.

Although, I think a major deciding factor was my mom's cooking.

After dinner, we left for a little 'alone time' and something...changed.

We're of the belief that "actions speak louder than words" because we've both been burned with previous "I love you's". So we let our actions speak for us.

And no, with other people in the house, we didn't do 'the nasty'. Do you really thing I'm that  kind of person?

Don't answer that!

We were hugging, and it turned into the tightest hug I think we've ever shared. I asked, "Are you okay?" but he didn't answer. He just hugged me tighter (if that's possible).  

I'd like to think it was his way of saying, "I love you". Our anniversary is coming up soon.

(cue sappy music...)

10 comments:

  1. So dont let him get by on the anniversary with a hug saying actions speak louder than gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet!

    We all don't think that lovin's only means smushin'. Just sayin'.

    I do love your guy little girl. He's a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actions do speak louder than words, I agree with that. I'm not much of a people person, either and if your actions don't speak loud enough when I'm around, I'm not likely to waste much time being around you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was lovely...but I was hoping the nasty had taken place on the back porch or something ;) No, seriously, that was lovely...but still the nasty would have been nice....but no really, congrats on almost 8 years....which is definitely "nasty worthy," right! I'm not alone in thinking this, right people???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actions speak louder than words.

    Unless you have one of those sonic devices that they've been using on the "Occupy" people.

    Those are pretty darn loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guy sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanna know a secret? I think he has a crush on you. But, shh, don't tell him I told you so, 'kay?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...