Friday, May 20

I'm a brave woman...

I had a Dr. appt. the other day (what else is new?) and my guy called that evening. He asked about my day and I told him that I finally got weighed.

Obviously, I can't get on a stand-up scale, but this Dr. has a chair scale to weigh her patients...


My guy asked, "Do you mind telling me what it was?"

I saw no reason not to, so I told him..

You're probably thinking (especially you gals) 'What???!!!' But he's not stupid, so lying would've been pointless.

He didn't comment right away (probably trying to think of something nice to say), so I asked, "Well?"

He replied, "Hey, as long as you don't weigh more than me..."

I said, "Don't worry. I'll never weigh more than you."*

*crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes.

5 comments:

  1. Whistleing, looks dow, kicks some dust up. Has nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how they knew what my mother weighed and didn't realize the hospital bed had a scale. Found out when hubby was in the hospital, a few months ago. I knew I didn't tell them and he was in no position to tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about how they weigh people that can't stand. How cool!

    And I'm not so surprised that you told him your number, but I AM kind of surprised that he dared ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true men can figure this stuff out, but I'll never tell! Unless it was something awesome like 127 which hasn't happened since I was in the 9th grade. Ha!

    smooches little girl

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...