Monday, May 23

Rapture is a Monte Cristo sandwich...

In 1978, when I was in grade school, I came in from lunch and found this message on the chalkboard...

"The world is going to end tomorrow at 12:34 pm."

Now, I gotta tell ya, it kinda freaked me out a bit because 'tomorrow' was 5/6/78.

But I didn't freak out on Saturday since it was 5/21/11.

No consecutive numbers so I knew it would be just another ordinary Saturday. Heck, I was more nervous about a recent dental appt. than I was about the supposed 'Rapture'.

So at 6 pm Saturday night, instead of waiting for an earthquake to strike (like I haven't felt plenty of those!), I was chowing down on a Monte Cristo sandwich that I had left over from lunch on Friday....


And it was Rapturous!

What were you doing on Saturday at 6 pm?

7 comments:

  1. I was in my shop making some parts. The Bible says NOBODY knows the time so I figured if this guy knows then it wernt time. Plus if I didnt get the work done and the end didnt come I wasnt going to get paid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I was dealing with internet and phone issues, which was more like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I was watching a movie.
    I knew the Rapture wasn't coming because like Simply Suthern said, we won't know the day or time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually forgot about the whole thing that evening...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sandwich looks so good!

    I too forgot about the rapture. I fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was with my women, so I was already in heaven. And I wouldn't trade her even if you had rasperry preserves and powdered sugar on that Monte Cristo.

    And man, do I love me a good heart stopping Monte Cristo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At 6pm I was visiting a friend at the hospital. The crazy thing is that part of our conversation was about Monte Cristo sandwiches. No lie!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...