Wednesday, June 29

Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?...

I found my old diary journal (1982-83) tonight and, well, just read...

Dec. 11 - R filled out a form for a Wheaties contest. He said, “Here’s my prize-winning poem - 'before I play with my wife’s titties, I make sure I eat my Wheaties’.” I was drinking a soda and almost choked to death.

Mar. 1 - J and I were in the kitchen when the lights went out.  He yelled, “Rape! Rape! Someone rape me before the lights come back on!”

Apr. 16 - B made root beer floats & we played Rummy. I asked, “Did you put down?” She replied, “You ugly, fat, disgusting pig.” I asked, “What was that for?’ She replied, “I was putting you down.” I had a mouthful of rootbeer & was trying not to spray her.

July 29 - J said, “My girlfriends tell me all the time how handsome I am.” R replied, “J, dogs don’t talk.”

Now it all makes sense!

*names concealed to protect the not-so-innocent

9 comments:

  1. My journals are nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one made me spew my coffee!

    I have a girlfriend that constantly says, "I can't wait for tomorrow!" And when you say 'how come?' she says, "Because I get better lookin' every day."

    Gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a second opinion of that.

    Okay, your Momma dresses you funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in California, I question your sanity every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny!

    I never kept a diary or journal. I tried a couple of times but gave up after just a few entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, the fact that you entered a Wheaties contest made me laugh. Then, the fact that you tried to rhyme "titties" with "Wheaties" made me cry.

    Ah, I love this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing you haven't drowned on soda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty funny stuff. I like that Wheaties comment. Wheaties are made right here in The Land of 10,000 Lakes and 10,000 Taxes.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...