Friday, April 29

Being a friend of mine is dangerous. Especially in April...


And finally - my personal favorite from 14-15 years ago...

I had a pear-shaped CZ solitaire ring and it gave me an idea. M and I dressed up and posed for pictures, with the ring prominently displayed on my left ring finger. I had 10 copies made, then wrote up 'engagement' announcements.

You know, "Mr. & Mrs. Blah Blah announce the engagement of their daughter, Blah Blah Blah..."

I mailed them out a week early, to several states, so that they would arrive by (if not before) March 31st. Within days, I started getting phone calls congratulating us. Several people even said, "Well, it's about time!" Did I mention that everyone thought M and I were an item?

In the meantime, I had also written individual notes, simply saying, "April Fool's!" and mailed them out to arrive on April 1st, relying on the time frame of the congratulatory phone calls.

My phone rang all day long on April 1st. Mostly from people saying, "I can't believe you got me, bitch!"

Said lovingly, of course.

But one person did say, "I saw that glint in your eye and knew something was up."

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed my evilness pranks.

6 comments:

  1. You crafty little thing you! So, did anybody get revenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the same thing from our son only it was posted on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paybacks are hell. If you haven't gotten yours, they're overdue, you little devil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty damn good. If I ever need inspiration I'm coming to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I need to stick with you. You've got great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...