
Able-bodied people parking in handicap spaces is my BIGGEST pet peeve!
Of course, you don't have to use a w/c (that's wheelchair, not water closet) to be disabled. But if I see someone jump out of his/her car and literally run into a store, it's pretty much a giveaway.
I'm normally not a confrontative person (shut up) but this will get me, and other disabled people, riled up in a nanosecond. And sometimes in your face.
You've been
You go girl! I'll be right behind you on this one.
ReplyDeleteExactly! Even when I had my walker and my disabled placard in my car I still used normal parking spots most of the time. Why? Because I knew there were lots of other people out there who needed the disabled parking spots much more than I did.
ReplyDeleteWe have spoken of this before, but nothing gets my blood boiling like that!
ReplyDeleteDarn Right! I agree with you 100%!
ReplyDeleteI have a close girlfriend that has a disabled parking space card she carries with her because she no longer drives (diabetes is taking its ugly toll on her) and every time we go somewhere I feel so BAD that I am putting that up in my car. I'm a goofball!
ReplyDeleteBut she has broken bones in one foot that will not heal and just had most of her big toe removed from the other foot so the card is most necessary for her as the person bringing her places has to help her with her walker etc.
On the other hand I stink-eye anyone that does NOT have a card in their window and have actually said things outloud which is saying something since I'm soooooo mostly not confrontational.
I do love that cartoon and The Family Circle.
I hate that too, and I'm almost never around people that require the handicapped spaces.
ReplyDelete