Friday, April 22

Methinks J is an idiot...


The very next year (after the bedroom joke), my friend L called J on my landline while I was on the cordless. She told him that she got his phone number off the wall of a restroom stall in a local nightclub. She loved the poem that went with it and wanted to know if it was true:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
J's got it, and girl...
Is it HUGE!

She talked with him for about a 1/2 hour but was running out of ways to string him along (and she was thirsty). I motioned that I would take over, so she told him her roommate, CC, had just come home and asked, "Do you want to talk to her?" Of course he did! So I started talking while L got something to drink.

Keep in mind, I'd known J for about 8 years at this point...

Me: Hi J, it's CC.
He: Hey, I have a friend named CC!
Me: Yeah, I know. I'm CC.
He: You said that already. Coincidence, hunh?
Me: Not really, J...it's me! CC.
He (getting irritated): I get it already, your name is CC.

L (back on the phone) was laughing so hard that she was choking on her O.J. and had to run to the bathroom.

J finally caught on and with love said, "You bitch, you bitch!"

That's me!


7 comments:

  1. You are so funny! That's totally the kind of stuff I used to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Me thinks J is an idiot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe not an idiot, but a little slow on the uptake. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the lightbulb when off, could you actually here the "pop" in his brain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind me to NEVER let you play a joke on me. That was a good one though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, peeps have to watch themselves with you! You a tricky girl.

    ReplyDelete

My mom always said "'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'", but I'm not mom.

I always reply by e-mail, so make sure that's possible...